Who are we?: Associated
Pomona Teachers (APT) is a non-profit corporation, organized exclusively as a professional school employees' association for
APT is a chartered affiliate of the California
Teachers Association (CTA) and the National Education Association (NEA).
The Purposes for which the Association was formed are:
1. To unify and strengthen the teaching
profession by securing and maintaining working conditions necessary to support teaching as a profession.
2. To develop and promote the adoption
of such ethical practices, personnel policies, and standards of participation as mark a profession.
3. To work for the welfare of school children, the
advancement of Public Education, and the improvement of instructional opportunities for all.
4. To form a representative body to speak with authority
for the membership on matters pertaining to the teaching profession and to present our individual and collective interests
before the Board of Education and other legal authorities.
5. To maintain and extend loyalty to the Association.
6. To make the services of the Association more readily
available to members.
7. To furnish lines of communication between the Association and its members.
8. To furnish the means, at the local level whereby
the individual member may participate in the initiation and development of policy for the Association.